Monday, January 23, 2017

#148 T is for Tomatoes (Day 23 of 30 Paintings)


SOLD (6x6 in.)

Painted these tomatoes the other night kind of late.  Even when a painting isn't great, I still learn things from it.  I was trying to paint complimentary colors (using the Munsell Color Wheel).  Hopefully that worked.  I also tried to change up my brush work (in the background) a little but I think most of it got covered up!  Looking at it now, I wish I had changed up the values in the background a little more.  

6x6 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!

4 comments:

  1. Nice piece - the shadows work well to define the 3-D form!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how those reds pop, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! You are really kind. That means a lot coming from you! I'm a big fan of your work. I appreciate you visiting my blog!

      Delete