Tuesday, January 10, 2017

#135 H is for Hotdog (Day 10 of 30 Paintings)



SOLD (6x6 in.)

I've been wanting to paint a hotdog for a couple of months and this challenge gave me the perfect opportunity.  I had a lot of fun painting this one.    I started with the yellow mustard, then painted the red hotdog, then the bun, the shadow and finally the white background...all things I learned from Carol Marine's book and artbytes on DPW.  She calls it painting from Island to Ocean.  The reason I started with the yellow was to keep it saturated and not muddy.  I love painting one thing on a white background.  In my opinion, it really makes that one item stand out and creates a cool design.  

6x6 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!




No comments:

Post a Comment