Saturday, January 21, 2017

#146 R is for Rose (Day 21 of 30 Paintings)


SOLD (7x5 in.)

This was my second attempt at painting this rose.  In the first painting...the rose was too tall for the vase and once I was all done with the painting I realized it looked awkward.  So I waited a couple of days and tried again.  I was kind of nervous about painting a rose because I knew it would be hard.  Aside from the rose, the rest of the painting came together quickly.

7x5 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful little piece. The shadows give it so much dimension & character!! Nice job on the glass as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marty...the shadow adds a lot. Just a beautiful piece Jamie!!! You nailed the rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! I appreciate the encouragement a lot :)

      Delete