Sunday, January 8, 2017

#133 G is for Grapefruit (Day 8 of 30 Paintings)



Click to buy! (6x6 in.)

I actually painted this grapefruit on New Year's Eve.  Yep.  That was how I rang in the New Year!  I've been painting ahead for this challenge because I have a couple of weeks off work and want to take advantage of the extra time!  I've never painted a grapefruit before this painting.  It didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted, but I still like it.  

One thing I didn't think through before picking the theme "Painting through the Alphabet" is that most days I'm painting something I've never painted...and I only get one shot before moving on to something else.  I usually like painting a couple of paintings using similar objects so I can get a feel for the subject.  So it has been challenging to move on after each painting.  

6x6 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!




4 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie, Thanks for stopping by my blog-it gives me a chance to discover your artwork. Beautiful!! I love your style and will be checking back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very brave work you are doing! I love it and will be back tomorrow!!! Great job painting through the alphabet so far!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ophelia! Painting takes bravery and vulnerability, don't you think?

      Delete