Wednesday, January 18, 2017

#143 O is for Oranges (Day 18 of 30 Paintings)


Click to buy! (6x6 in.)

I painted these oranges some time last week.  I don't usually use multiple colors in the background of a still life, so that was a fun experiment.  I'm still figuring out how to use them well in a composition.  It's definitely something I want to try more.  Since I've been painting ahead, I'm actually going to try to paint the letter "S" tomorrow.  I have an idea for it but need to see if I can find it in the store!  I'm also already thinking about what I'm going to focus on once the 30 day challenge is finished...not sure yet.  There are so many things to try! 

I also went back to work again today and hosted friends tonight for a weekly community group.  The last couple of weeks have been so nice.  I really needed the slower pace after a busy fall and holiday season.  My daughter needed it, too.  This past fall was really hard as a parent.  We've been dealing with some challenges and thankfully have been connected with some resources that are helping.  I'm rambling...but these are things that have been on my mind as things start back up this week.  I'm praying that the busyness of life will not lead to things becoming more challenging again.  

6x6 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!




4 comments:

  1. I like your color palette! It's very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of fun using these colors! I checked out your blog. Your art so talented!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Marty! I took my time working on the colors and composition

      Delete