Friday, January 13, 2017

#138 K is for Kiwi (Day 13 of 30 Paintings)- FB Pick of the Day!


SOLD (5x7 in.)

This was my second attempt at painting the letter "K".  My first attempt was a Kitchen Aid Mixer (see below), but it gave me so many problems that I painted this kiwi instead.  I'm still not sure if I got the values on the kiwi in shadow dark enough.  I've never painted a kiwi before so that was a fun challenge.  I tried not to overwork it but also add a little detail for interest. 

Honored to have this painting chosen as a Daily Paintworks FB Pick of the Day!

My husband took this photo...mostly just because he is excited about the new easel he bought me for Christmas.  Ha! And yes...this is where I paint...my kitchen.



6x6 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!


No comments:

Post a Comment