Friday, January 20, 2017

#145 Q is for Quince Blossom (Day 20 of 30 Paintings)


SOLD (5x7 in.)

I had never heard of a quince blossom until I started looking into what I could paint for the letter "Q".  If I'm understanding correctly, these trees produce a fruit called quince.  It kind of looks like a cross between a green apple and a pear.  Have you ever eaten one?  I found the reference photo for this painting on either morgue file or pixabay...I can never remember!  

5x7 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely Jamie. About Quince- you can not eat the fruit off the bush. They are very hard and bitter. People use them and lots of sugar to make jelly or pies. I was told that there are male and female bushes with one having bigger and more blooms - to my mind the best part of the plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement and more info on quince. That's good to know...totally thought it would taste sweet!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. I have looked back on your other paintings during January and they are so interesting and all lovely! Like your sense of colour and composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! I'm impressed with anyone who paints abstract art...I would have no idea where to begin!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Marty! Can you believe we are 2/3 of the way through this challenge?

      Delete