Sunday, April 16, 2017

#192 Orange Buds and 2nd Friday Norman Art Walk


Click to buy! (6x6 in.)

I painted this one last night late and after a long day, but I had it in my mind and wanted to see it in real life!  I've had a lot of fun painting oranges this week.  The tulips have been fun, too.  I'm not sure what I will paint next.  I might try something for the DPW Challenge.  The challenge is to focus on brushstrokes and maybe even try different brushes than you are used to using.  I really haven't explored brushwork too much so it would probably be good for me to do.  I'm leaving town on Thursday and won't be back until late Sunday night. It's for work.  My time to paint this week is definitely limited.  Hoping to get 1-2 more painted before I leave!  

Friday night was the 2nd Friday Norman Art walk in downtown Norman.  I've never shown any of my art there, but this month I showed 28 pieces at a place called The Social Club.  Not only was my art there for the art walk but it will hang there for the next month!  It was a great night.  A lot of my sweet friends stopped by to encourage me and I sold some art!  I included a few pictures below.




6x6 inch oil on gessobord  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment