Monday, April 10, 2017

#189 The Opal Experiment #190 Oklahoma Walk



Click to buy! (6x6 inch oil on gessobord)

I struggled with both of these paintings this weekend.  I wiped my first attempt with the opal apple yesterday afternoon and then tried it again last night.  I was hoping it would be a little looser but I ended up wiping off the green paint and going a little darker with that color and it took away the freshness of the edges and strokes.  I had never painted a golden apple.  It was hard to get the shadow side the right value and color.  



SOLD 6x6 inch oil on gessobord

I painted this scene from a photo I took a couple of years ago while I was walking on OU's campus.  I painted it for a friend.  I actually painted this exact scene back in 2015 when I was first learning to use acrylic paint.  Though it isn't where I want it to be, I can definitely see growth and that is encouraging!  Here is the original painting I did.  

6x6 inch oil on gessobord  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!

No comments:

Post a Comment