Monday, April 3, 2017

#186 Pretty in Pink




SOLD (6x6 in.)

I had the hardest time getting an accurate photo of this painting!  This is as close as I could get it.  I painted these strawberries because I wanted to simplify.  My last few paintings have been a struggle!  This one was just fun.  I've never used a pink background and I had a lot of fun with that.  The pink in the painting is actually a little richer, but still soft.  I used Carol Marine's method of painting from island to ocean.  Started with the berries, next their shadows and finally the pink.  I added a few leaves at the very end, but most of them were painted with the berries.  Next up: something sliced.  I bought the fruit yesterday at Sprouts...hoping to paint it tonight!

6x6 inch oil on gessobord  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!

No comments:

Post a Comment