Friday, October 28, 2016

#96 Places to Go


Not for Sale (7x5 inch)

Not sure why, but I had the desire to paint a seagull.  Not living near the coast, I found a lot of reference photos on pixabay.  The photo I used as a reference for this painting was the one my husband picked.  It wasn't exactly what I had in mind...he seemed a bit more challenging with all the speckles on his head than some of the other birds whose heads were solid white.  It was hard to figure out how I wanted to handle the details.  On this painting journey, I just keep telling myself to take things one day at a time.  To me, this bird seems like he has some place to be...he's on a mission.

So far this week, I've painted Christmas, Fall and now summer.  Can't seem to make up my mind!  

7x5 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you so much for viewing my art!  That means a lot to me.  To see more:

No comments:

Post a Comment