Monday, October 10, 2016

#85 & #86 "Just an Apple" and "October Book Club"



SOLD (6x6 inch)

For October, we read "The Boston Girl" by Anita Diamant.  It was an easy and enjoyable historical fiction read about a young jewish girl growing up in Boston in the early 1900's.  After our heavy book in September, it was nice to read something with substance but that didn't leave me feeling emotionally worn out!  I would definitely recommend it.

As for the painting, the book felt pretty effortless but I struggled with the mug.  Still not sure if I'm completely satisfied with it, but I didn't want to mess with it too much.  I'm going to paint another still life using this exact set up but from a slightly different angle.

6x6 inch oil painting on gessobord.  


6x6 inch oil painting on gessobord.  I struggled with this apple.  I still don't like the shadow and probably should have just wiped it off.  But I didn't and now it is beyond the point of wiping.  I'm only posting it here as a record of my journey to 500 oil paintings.  Also, the background of the painting is more green than the photo reads.  Oh well.

Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!  You can see more at

No comments:

Post a Comment