Saturday, October 22, 2016

#91 Green Barn in Shadow


SOLD (7x5 inch)

I've really been wanting to try some landscapes, but I've felt intimidated to try too much.  I actually emailed one of my favorite painters (chamberlainpaintings.com) on Friday to ask his advice and he responded so quickly!  Very kind.  Since, I don't have the potential to paint landscapes from life right now, I asked him what he thought about me learning to paint from photos.  He was really positive about it and generous with advice.  So this was one of my experiments with painting a landscape.  I focused on keeping the light and shadow distinct.  Painted it from a photo reference I took on labor day.  

7x5 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!  

No comments:

Post a Comment