Saturday, October 8, 2016

#84 Friend's Childhood Home



Not for sale. (8x10 inch)

One of my friends commissioned me to paint four paintings of her childhood home.  She will keep one for herself and give the other 3 to her siblings for Christmas.  This painting was my first attempt.  She likes it, so that makes me happy!  The hardest part for me was keeping the drawing accurate.  I did most of it yesterday, alla prima, with a few touch ups today.  

I don't know what it is, but I love looking at houses.  My husband does too (he has a construction background).  We love to go on walks and talk about all of the houses we see.  There are a lot of really great ones near campus.  I would love to get better at painting them! 

8x10 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com.
Thank you for viewing my art!  You can see more at:

No comments:

Post a Comment