Wednesday, August 10, 2016

No. 41: Bashful


Click to bid! (6x6 in)

Seems as though the apples are ready to talk, but the flower is feeling a little bashful.  There are parts of this painting I like and a couple parts I'm not sure about.  Overall though I'm really pleased with how the flower turned out.  It's the most loose representation of a flower in oil that I've done yet.  I'm happy with how it looks three dimensional and that I didn't paint too many details in the petals.  It might look too cut out though.  I wasn't sure what would happen if I started getting white into the surrounding shadows.  I can't believe I've already painted 41 oil paintings this summer!  

6x6 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com.  Check out my Etsy Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment