Saturday, July 9, 2016

No. 22: Surprise Encounter


Click to bid! (5x7 in.)

I named this painting "Surprise Encounter" because it seems like the cherry was maybe walking along and suddenly came upon a whole group of green onions. The cherry is kind of leaning back in surprise.  Or maybe I've just been staring at this painting for too long and none of this makes sense!  I really enjoyed painting this today.  I haven't liked the last few paintings I've done all that much so it was fun to finish one I like!  I'm still so new to painting and really still trying to figure out who I am as an artist.  But I kept this one in a color scheme I'm drawn to...light blues and greens...and added the red cherry because I knew it would be a good compliment to the green in the onions.  I've never painted onions before so I'm glad those turned out!  I also love the cherry's shadow.  And I've discovered that I really like painting cherries.  Good thing they are in season!

Oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com.  Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment