Saturday, July 23, 2016

No. 29: July Book Club


Click to bid! (5x7 in.)

When I had the idea to paint this set up, didn't realize it would be as challenging as it was!  Ellipse...challenging, white mug...challenging, and lots of shadows...which I love, but it was hard to get all the values correct.  I always dream of painting things more loosely but they end up tighter than intended.  Oh well!  Overall I'm pleased with it.  This month we read "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Annie Barrows and Mary Ann Shaffer.  I actually read it for a book club years ago, but didn't remember it well.  This time around, I really enjoyed it.  I'm pretty much a sucker though for historical fiction...especially from World War II era.  

5x7 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com.  Thanks for taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment