Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Green Apple


Painted a green apple today.  I'm going to try to do several paintings of green apples in a row to see what I can learn from it.  This painting probably should have been easy but it was hard for me.  First, the green colors were too transparent.  I had to paint several layers before it thickened up and then it took me a long time to find green colors that I actually liked on the apple.  The apple has a lot more blue in it than I really wanted.  I had pretty much given up on it and then it kind of pulled together at the end.  

There are lots of things I read about...edges, brush work, VALUES especially, color mixing, compositions and more....

Zach got me painting classes as a gift for our anniversary this year.  They start in mid-June.  It is a really sweet gift but I'm really intimidated by it!  I think it will be so good though to have someone I can learn from and ask all my questions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment