Thursday, March 16, 2017

#177 & #178 Mini Three


SOLD (5x7 in.)

I found these miniature eggplants at the store about a week ago and finally got around to painting them! I love the background so much more than it shows here.  The color is richer and you can see the brushstrokes better in person.  My sister and her family have been in town for the last several days, but they headed home today.  I took advantage of the extra time today by painting!  More family is arriving tomorrow, but hoping to paint a couple more pieces this week.

I also painted the painting below for this week's DPW Challenge.  I used the photo reference provided.  It was really hard.  Water, rocks, dapples...I don't have much experience with any of those things.  Though I don't like it, I'm glad I gave it a shot.


6x6 inch oil on gessobord

Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!


No comments:

Post a Comment