Monday, March 6, 2017

#174 Spring Preview


SOLD 6x6 inch oil on gessobord

The last two days were really gray in Norman...so naturally I wanted to paint something bright and cheerful.  I admire so many artists and all of the different ways they paint florals.  I don't really know what look I'm going for with mine yet.  I mostly focus on getting the values and colors correct, but I would love to learn more about brushwork.  I'm not totally sure how to do that.  I'm really excited to be going to an artist's workshop near the end of May.  Her name is Gina Brown.  The brushwork in her paintings is so interesting and I have no idea how she does it.  So I'm looking forward to learning from her and seeing how those techniques make it into my art.  

This painting will be for sale, but I'm not sure when.  I might save it for an upcoming show.  One question I have, how do you make dark yellows?  I've been using Cadmium yellow medium, ultramarine Blue, and Cadmium red medium.  I wanted the inside of this sunflower to have a darker value but I was afraid of it just looking like a muddy brown.  Thoughts?

6x6 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!

No comments:

Post a Comment