Thursday, November 17, 2016

#109 The Yellow Bridge


Click to buy! (6x6 inch)

I painted this for this week's Daily Paintworks Challenge, The Bridge Challenge.  Most of it went pretty smoothly until I got to the background.  I didn't have a plan for it going into the painting, which was a big mistake.  In the photo reference from pixabay, there was  just a mass of green trees behind it.  I tried it, but it didn't look right.  I think I wiped the background 3 times before finally settling here.  I like that it looks like it is in the distance and somewhat indistinct.  Could be mountains or trees.  I painted in the very lightest value first, then all the parts in shadow and then everything in the sun.  I know I still have so much to learn!

6x6 inch oil on gessobord.  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!


No comments:

Post a Comment