Tuesday, August 8, 2017

#240 Lemons and Bottle on Blue


Click to buy! (6x6 inch oil)

I set up this still life last night after my daughter went to bed.  My intention was to paint something simple...like a lemon...because it was late and I was tired.  But once I started working on the composition I ended up with this!  It was fun.  I love lemons.  They are so pretty and challenging.  It's hard to get the subtle variations in color and value.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out in this painting...though I wish I had played around with the edges a little more.  I'm also always challenged by painting this blue background.  It's hard for me to keep the color rich but show the difference between the light value and the dark value in shadow.  More glass...of course!

6x6 inch oil on gessobord. Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!

No comments:

Post a Comment