Saturday, August 5, 2017

#238 Summer Melon


Click to buy! (6x6 inch oil)

I was super tired the other night.  It had been a long day with a melting down 5 year old.  I still wanted to paint, but needed to keep it simple.  I accidentally bought a seeded watermelon at Sprouts and I'm so glad I did!  I like to eat seedless, but prefer painting with seeds.  I painted it on a new linen panel I ordered through Jerry's Artarama.  It is a brown color before painted.  That threw me off a little at first, but it worked out fine.  I actually bought quite a few linen panels to experiment with them more.  I like the texture it gives the painting.  At the same time, I love the buttery smoothness of the gessobord.  It's nice to have options :)

6x6 inch oil on linen. Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!




No comments:

Post a Comment