Friday, July 7, 2017

#224 Pinky and Wild


Click to buy! (6x6 inches)

I tried to kind of go back to the basics last night.  I think part of why I've been struggling this last week is because I'm trying to be further along in my painting journey than I really am.  I watched some Carol Marine Artbytes last night and I was reminded of why daily painting is so good for growth as an artist.  For now, I need to stick with painting daily (or close to that) and not worry so much about producing a masterpiece.  That last part is hard for me.  I need to give myself time to grow and not be so hard on myself!  I painted a pink lady apple from Sprouts and a little green apple my husband picked off a tree this week.  

6x6 inch oil on gessobord  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!

1 comment:

  1. I follow your work on DPW, but I'm writing to say YES to your blog. The past 6-8 months, I've been flitting around trying different things, becoming more and more frustrated. I'm finally back to doing a quick painting each day to work on dropping the perfectionism, THEN doing the other painting stuff. And if the other painting stuff can't get done that day, at least I've worked on something! I really connect to your line, "I need to give myself time to grow..." Good reminder!

    ReplyDelete