Tuesday, May 30, 2017

#209 Foodies

Click to buy! (6x6 in.)

Painted for this week's DPW Challenge from the photo that was provided.  Carol Marine took the photo reference when she was in France recently for an art workshop she taught!  I have only done 1 or maybe 2 other figurative paintings.  I'm usually too intimidated to try, though I LOVE figurative works by others.  It was actually a lot of fun.  I started with a thin block-in using paint mixed with with mineral spirits.  I learned to do that at the Gina Brown workshop.  I also worked dark to light and came back with some thicker paint in some places after the block-in.  

Here are a couple of other pictures showing sketches before I started painting.  



6x6 inch oil on gessobord  Email me at suitabledesigns425@gmail.com
Thank you for viewing my art!


No comments:

Post a Comment